Saturday 2 November 2013

New shinies

Alas, the class notes are still absorbing all of my time and with less than a week to go, I'm going to have to just hope that my first draft will be the master draft. But maybe I'll get a chance to teach this class in the future, and I'll be able to add in suggestions made at the first class.

That said, I took time out yesterday for my annual trip to the Knitting and Stitching show. I went with a list, most of which I managed to pick up, and walked away with no Oliver Twists silk tops this year (having 8 and no spinning wheel yet means this is probably a good thing.. or that I've exhausted their colour selection for the moment), and an unexpected new shiny.


Is she not beautiful? Proper, heavy, angled sheers. The gent at the stall was the nicest person, cheerful and chatty, believed in his product, and took it in good humour while I went through every sissors in the box, shreading the sample fabric he had out in order to find mine. I can't wait to use her.

No comments:

Post a Comment