Thursday 24 October 2013

Classes and Cakes

With Kingdom University only two weeks away, I'm up to my eyes at the moment, trying to get my class notes written. This will only be the second class I've given (the first was only taken up by my householders, so the panic level was considerably less), so I'm a bit nervous. A lot nervous. Hold me.

This means of course that I'm not getting much else done. My in-progress black linen kirtle keeps making neglected noises in my direction, gently reminding me it needs to be finished for only two weeks after Kingdom Uni. That and the rest of my costume.

No, I don't like this concept of "free time", why do you ask?


But I have been baking.

These are a simple chocolate maderia cake recipe, with some grated chocolate I had left over thrown in, along with some fresh raspberries, divided into bun cases and baked for about 20 minutes.

They're lovely and moist and kind of falling apart with the juice from the raspberries. They'll likely firm up a bit more overnight, but the tartness
of the raspberries just goes beautifully with the chocolate cake.


Now if you'll excuse me, I have an appointment with a photo editing programme and a good deal of crumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment